Pages

Tuesday 15 August 2017

Passing the time

Holiday Writing


Image result for brown birdIt was another cold and shivering morning.  As I laid in bed, I could feel the breeze coming in from the window beside me, somehow a bird had flown in and it sat on the window seal unafraid of my presence.

Initially,  I didn't see or know the bird was inside the house. This was possibly  because I was distracted by the activity I was engaged with on my Ipad. It was the sound of a soft 'Tweet' that caught my attention. The reflection of my face on the mirror opposite me said it all, "What do I do? Should I take care of it? Should I just leave it?" Those three questions repeated in my head.

It was somewhat calm so I slowly got out of bed, made my way to the kitchen and broke some bread into small pieces for it's small mouth. I didn't really know if it wanted more bread or if it was happy about being fed because it kept tweeting as if it was singing.

I named the bird, Toast, I don't really know why but for some reason I've always wanted a pet named Toast. It flew away after eating all the bread I had given. I waved 'Bye' thinking that it wouldn't come back. But every morning, I'd wake up to see a bird beside me, probably because it wanted food.

Anyway.. that's a part of my boring holiday. Bye 'till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment