Pages

Monday 5 March 2012

A weekend to remember

Overjoyed is the word to express my feelings on Friday as a hot humid day ended. My joy was reinforced by the arrival of my older brother Kasi who had flown up from Christchurch, where he worked on Waitangi weekend. Earlier in the day room 8, my class played softball. While I was enjoying the game, I did not enjoy the feeling of the sweat that trickled slowly like a slug from my head down my spine. Later that day mum dropped me off at the YMCA swimming pools where my overheated body was cooled immediately by the waters as it wrapped around me like a blanket in the cold night. I wished everyday was pool day.

7 comments:

  1. it was good,i enjoyed the descriptive vocabulary that you used :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good vocabulary keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good vocabulary Maria, and AWESOME story keep it up you'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel, Maria. Pool day all the way~ I want somewhere to swim ( I want a pool with a hot water not cold). Anyways, good writing, good vocabulary and ahhh... that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome sutff maria! great work and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Maria! Excellent vocabulary, keep up the good work. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you used interesting vocabulary. Love your story!

    ReplyDelete