Pages

Monday 5 March 2012

Glow Worm Caves

As my family and I entered the darkness of the Kawiti Glow Worm Cave the temperature dropped sufficiently and Goosebumps appeared on my bare hands and legs. A cold damp soft breeze brushed over me, anxiety caused adrenaline to race. Slowly, I followed my family in a single line formation; I was the safety person at the back - the sentry!

As we strode along the 200m trail inside the Kawiti glow worm cave the sight got better and better every time we took a step.

The cave led us into this narrow path and we had to configure ourselves to get through really tight spaces. Satisfaction led us to believe that we had conquered the challenging task that seemed like a real adventure. After approximately 15 minutes walk in the darkness, our eyes were struck and drawn by a gleaming light. We left the cave and had to take another 15 minutes of walking, but now in a forest. Beautiful sounds surrounded us as we walked and stared to get a glance at whatever made the walk so peaceful and relaxing. All too soon our journey came to an end. The exit sign made me feel a bit disappointed.

It was a great tour. Kawiti Glow worm Caves is a spectacular place I had a wonderful and exciting time.

5 comments:

  1. GOOD BIG WORDS!
    AWESOME story!
    LOVE IT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great story! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mahusay na kuwento!Kit panatilihin ito up, ang iyong pagkuha ng mas mahusay na!
    U betta believe it, coz ben wrote this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HiKIt :} Bye Kit :}
    Harry stles Maxine Bucud

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kumusta Kit, I like the way you really used ambitious vocabulary words so other people from around the world could read it. Even I like the way you used punctuation's.

    When did we go there again?

    ReplyDelete