Pages

Monday 5 March 2012

The big golf game

The big golf game, The Oldies (which was what I called my dad’s group) vs. the youngsters. I looked up in the sky. “Quite cloudy, this game is MINE!!!” I thought to myself. Bring it on!!!

I placed my tee in the grass with the ball on top. The tee seemed to pierce deep into the soil. I stood behind the ball and measured the wind, which blew through my hair. I stood behind the ball, waiting for the wind to calm down so I can take a nice straight shot. I went into my position, aimed my club head straight ahead and got ready to hit the ball. I took my first swing. The club dropped and took out a small patch of grass, but as I took my second shot, my club smacked the ball so hard that it shot the ball up in the air like a jet. As the ball soared through the air, it seemed to grow a propeller, engine and exhaust pipes. Finally it landed on the ground started rolling forward. It stopped just at the top of the hill with an excellent view of the hole and the fairway. This was my chance to start he youngsters with a temporary advantage. After a few more holes the Oldies got rid of our advantage and ran away with a one stroke lead

Finally I arrived at the last hole of the course, the 18th hole. It isn’t the longest hole in the course but as silly as it may sound, this is where most golfers like us crumble with pressure like pastry. I took my drive which just rolled up the hill with an exceptional view of the hole. I peered into my golf bag, deciding what club to use next. I picked out my seven iron so it will balance between height and distance. I took my shot, which floated in the air perfectly. A few more shots similar to the previous and I have arrived on the green. I shouted to my dad “let’s see if you can hit a par to win”
“I bet you 5 bucks I will!!” he replied. I had to get a par or bogey to conquer this game.

I took a putt. Just rolled past the edge of the hole. My last putt to win. I measured the break of the green and the direction of the wind. I took a putt and the ball s l o w l y approached the hole and cup ponk!!!! It slipped into the hole. I had pulled in a victory for my group and I was named MVP (most valuable player) but I couldn’t have done it myself. The day passed and I had so much fun that I forgot to play any computer games.

4 comments:

  1. Long, but awesome and interesting!
    you're a talented writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smack that oldies! Sorry just kidin. But u gotta admit dey didunt stand a chance against you Jose! Awesome recount count count count. 1D Blows.☺☺o☺☺
    u probably know who dis is. Ill give u a clue.
    Ebjnmani fai one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If anyone attempts to make any obstructive remarks on this class blog, they will be punished in a manner consistent with the severity of their transgression, furthermore anyone to have any knowledge of the owners of any ludicrous comments who fails to came forward, they will be treated as equally guilty.
      Anyway, a very professional story Jose,keep it up!

      Delete
  3. Loved the golf tale Jose. I always found it a completely frustrating game but it sounds like you've got it under control and not the other way round.Way to go !!!
    From Mrs D in Northland.

    ReplyDelete