Pages

Monday 5 March 2012

A day at home

A day at home
As the sun came out after a night of sleeping, I knew somehow that today was not going to be as fun as I would like. There was nothing to do; it was definitely going to be a day at home.

“Where’s the remote mum?” I shouted as if I had a megaphone.
“Look for it!” I felt anger like Aries, the Greek God of War. I felt like a guard dog too, sitting there in an uncomfortable chair as I stared outside waiting for a family member to arrive and drop me off to my destination.

A fun land would be awesome, like Rainbows End, or Chipmunks, (jokes I’m too old for that). As I approached the kitchen, the noise of a machine caught my ears, like a whisker that whips cream. I was right. Mum was making a Banana cake, the smell of which caught my nose and it tingled with excitement. “I can’t wait to eat that cake,” I exclaimed with joy. It’s not for you lazy, it’s for aunty, she asked if I could make a cake for a thing that they’re having and I said yes. But.... if you help me whip this cream then I will make an extra one for us.” Mum said as she glared in my direction. That was not expected, I wasn’t signed up for this, but if I wanted my mum to make an extra one then I had to do what she asked. The way I saw it I had two choices, yes or no. “Ok yes!” the words left my mouth and rolled over my lips as I seemed to move into automatic mode and started whipping the cream. I felt vibration invasion like a juicer when you start it or a call or a message received on your cell phone. “Stop now!” I shouted anxiously, “keep on going.” My arms were getting weak as a Skeleton. There we go, now can you make it. As soon as the banana cake arrived I knew that this is gonna be yummy like taste of perfection. “Wow.”

The only exciting thing that has happened all day was eating the banana cake.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome story! keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Caleb,Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skux! Shotz Fale, clearly you had an awesome day! If only you invited me though, I would have eaten like a poaka! but NEVADALESS, awesome recount. Lookin fowrd 2 seeing more of these. ( And some cake please) jokes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Caleb. I just love banana cake so I enjoyed your story. keep up with the great language you are developing. Some c
    ool similes in there my friend.
    Mrs D in Northland

    ReplyDelete