Pages

Monday 5 March 2012

Hot Summer's day

Boiling is an excellent word to describe how I felt when I came out of the car.

An hour’s drive, packed like sardines in a car could be exhausting but I had enjoyed the trip as the air conditioner was on full blast! When my family and I arrived at our destination, Port Waikato as eager as a beaver I opened the door and that is when the heat hit me. Quickly I closed the door again.

Near the car we found a grass area and we had lunch. Half an hour later, footprints left a path on the sand as we sank gently as we made our way up and down the sand dunes to the water’s edge.

While my family and friends were starting to fish in the burning weather I was lying on the sand under an umbrella trying not to get sun burnt. It took at least half an hour until someone reeled in a fish, but it was a small fish though. They took hours and hours that eventually I got uninterested that I begged my mum to take me somewhere less scorching. We went back to the car and stayed there basically for the whole day. I started to gobble up food again because there was nothing else to do.

Hours went by and it was getting late that I went back to the water’s edge.
“Can we go soon? Please!!!” I asked my dad
“Later” he replied
It was hopeless we were probably going to stay there for at least another hour.

So another hour went by and they were finished fishing for the day. The car smelt like fish from the fishing gear which wasn’t a pleasant smell.

Even though an hour’s drive doesn’t seem so long I kept on complaining until we finally arrived home. When we got home I ran inside to my bedroom because I knew that the weather in my room wasn’t as bad as it was in Port Waikato.

3 comments:

  1. Long, NICE!
    Words, BIG!
    i like the way you paragraphed it good i mean AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome story! I can picture what you're writng about! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool story, interesting vocab Angela from the other Angela

    ReplyDelete