Pages

Wednesday 15 October 2014

My best holiday yet!

On Tuesday 8th July 2014 my dad took my brother Julio and I to my friend Miguel’s house to stay there until he finished work that day. We were riding in his new car which is a ‘‘Ford Territory’’ that he bought from a car shop near our house.

First of all my dad told us to hop off the car so he wouldn’t be late. When we arrived at Miguel’s no one was outside so we decided to go near their house and knock. But before we could knock we saw our uncle, he was going to work. I immediately went up to him and grabbed his hand and placed it on my forehead (this is  a sign of respect in the Philippines that is done  to every elder or adult you meet). Afterwards we went in and watched television. The show was ‘‘Kung Fu Panda’’ so we decided to go to his room after the show. ‘‘C’mon Miguel lets go to your room already!’’ I suggested. Before we could go he told me ‘‘Let’s play Xbox when we’re finished playing with the Lego!’’ Then the three of us went to his room to do some stuff.

Miguel and Julio were playing with the Lego at the far end of the bed. Then I went over to them and noticed that they both made cars. After that, we ran out the door like a darting cheetah closing the door in the process. We ran to the lounge and started playing on the Xbox.

I got my Xbox controller, while Miguel was putting the disc into the machine. Then we opened up a world that Miguel plays the most on then I connected my controller so that we would play together.Miguel’s baby brother came to the living room and watched us play. Julio on the other hand was playing on the Ipad which he’d asked Miguel if he could use ‘‘The three of you should have lunch now!’’ Miguel’s mum Melanie told us. So we got up, paused the game and went to the table.

We first prayed and blessed the food then started getting our lunch. I then remembered that we also had some food in the bag my mum prepared for us to eat there. So I told Julio to get the food out from the bag and place it on the table. Then Julio got up and did what I told him to minutes earlier. Later on, we finished and put our plates in the sink for us to clean.

After lunch we went back to the living room to rest for a few minutes.Soon we just watched some youtube videos from our favourite youtubers, then after that we continued playing our game but in a new world. This time Julio was on the Xbox while I was on the Ipad.

At around six ‘o'clock my mum picked us up just before we finished another video of our favourite youtuber. My mum told my brother and I to say goodbye and get to the car which was her new car as well a ‘‘Mazda Verisa‘’ so we drove off and went home.

This was the best holiday of my life yet.

1 comment:

  1. Great work Jordi. Planning your writing and taking time to add detail for your readers results in a quality piece of work.
    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete