Pages

Tuesday 7 October 2014

Marshmallow Challenge


The Marshmallow Challenge

One marshmallow, 20 Spaghetti sticks and 1 meter of masking tape, What do you do?
Wednesday  3 September room 8 was into a special surprise. We were going to do a Marshmallow Challenge. All you get is 1 Marshmallow, 20 pieces of spaghetti sticks  and 1 meter of Masking tape.

First we went for a little walk. After we came back we heard the news and got into our Kidpreneur groups. All I heard were some of my classmates going “No way”  “What are we going to do?”
Our teacher,  Mrs Dines went around taking videos and pictures I felt so famous.

Each group had only 3 minutes to plan what we were doing,
“We should do a Eiffel tower” said Darrelle
“I don’t think we should”
“Why not?”
“I think John’s doing the Eiffel tower”
“Okay time's up”
When we heard Mrs Dines tell us the time she pressed start and all the groups started  screaming with both excitement and nervousness.
I was thinking so hard until a imaginary light bulb popped on the top of
my head.“Hey why don’t we make a pyramid but make a tower on the pointy part.“Wow okay let's start we’ve only got 17 minutes” said Avishek.We worked hard and hard until we heard “Ding”
The time was up and we had to let go of our structure. When we had let it go it fell and so we came 3rd. This was a frustrating challenge but I also had a great experience with one Marshmallow, 20 Spaghetti Sticks and 1 meter of Masking tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment