Pages

Tuesday 7 October 2014

Lights of Matariki

Have you seen lights as bright as the Stars?I have. Hundreds of lights shining on me.  Words to pictures representing the seven stars of  Matariki. The Matariki festival has the most beautiful  lights that G.I has ever seen. Glen Innes is so lucky to host this festival. The Matriki stars watch the lights above as we are celebrating Matariki.  

Walking past every single light that G.I had to offer I noticed my friends dancing under a disco ball. I ask why they were dancing when they can't even hear the music when I saw a wireless speaker near the tree. They were having a dance battle. I knew that my friend Ben will win. He is the best dancer I know. Rap music was playing, then hip hop and then a little jazz but they change the song every time it got to the chorus. They danced and danced until their was no one left to watch them dance.

As time past it got more dark but more bright. The lights was taking over the darkness. The lights were amazing. It was like heaven never getting dark. It is amazing how bamboo sticks can turned into words and  pictures. Words like Matariki, Glen Innes and seven stars was spelled of bamboo. A picture of a White Heron was made and a shield with sword’s going across. The lights were bright, the lights was awesome, the lights were spectacular.

From friends to family it was like the whole community of Glen Innes attended this festival. Young to old people searching for the greatests bamboo art. For two hours people look and looked for the best bamboo art that they could find.  A flash of light caught my eyes as I past the bridge of light. The park was covered with light. Even though wasn’t bamboo art it still looked the best to me.

It struck nine and the I looked up. The stars was light up the sky but not as bright as the lights from where I was standing. The police was asking everyone to stay away of the bridge of light because they said the night is going to be brighter than ever before 3-2-1 boom! bam! fireworks rumbling the ground. Red, green, blue every colour in the sky.

The air was smoky and the fireworks gone, the lights fading away as I head towards home. I sat down and thought what is going to happen next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment