Pages

Wednesday 12 July 2017

My first challenge at Camp - Something to remember.

My first challenge at Camp  -  Something to remember.


The wind battered against my back, it was cold and wild. The water formed and splashed onto my shivering body. I traveled farther into the waves, strapped by a small and adequate strap attached to my wrist connected to a body board.


My mind was rigid, I was confused and tense with the challenge  I had to accomplish.
“What should I do?
Why am I here?
What if I drown?”


Those three questions remained in my head, as I laid my board down and nervously jumped onto it. A wave suddenly approached. I  closed my eyes tightly and those three short questions repeated over and over, However, as the wave converged towards me and forced me to shore, I had this strong urge to try a thousand more times. “This is the best activity I have ever experienced!” I said with such imitation and exhilaration.  Facing challenges promotes a person’s ability to achieve more. A sense of determination and achievement grew.  


Challenge one achieved!  What an experienced!  Somehow the cold water and the wind no longer seemed as an issue.  I was having the time of my life, It was super exciting and breathtaking and an experience I will never forget.

Merc -  Long Bay  Bodyboarding 2017

2 comments:

  1. It was a great day Cold and wet but absolutely worth while.

    ReplyDelete