Pages

Wednesday 22 April 2015

Easter Show 2015 - By Ella



Easter show


On Sunday, it was Easter. My family and I were going to celebrate Easter the fun way. We had been planning to visit the Easter show in 2015. Then Easter was there. The show was held at the ASB showgrounds in Greenlane, near One Tree Hill, for three days. I couldn't wait to get to the show.

It took a very long time to get through the traffic and find a car park. Finally, there was one spare car park but it was far away from the shows entrance. Soon we were inside the show. People were walking everywhere and it was like traffic jam with people instead of cars.

Before we were able to do anything, my dad wanted to buy tickets for the circus show at night. As soon as my dad was ready we went to have fun on the scary rides. My sister and I got given 50 tickets each because the rides were worth tickets. The very first ride that we choose was the Ghost train. “4 tickets please” announced the owner. I shivered when I saw the sign on the front of the carriage. ‘Do you dare to ride the ghost train?’. “I'm not sure anymore!” I said to my sister as we hopped in one of the carriages, but then it was too late. The ride started to move, and in the door we went. In side was pitch black and shrieks were all around us. Lights flickered on and off. We screamed and I blocked my ears. In a second, we were back outside, scared but safe.

After a couple more rides, my uncle and cousin arrived. My dad said that, that was enough rides for now, so we went into the animals farm inside. There were pigs, goats and all sorts of different animals. I even got to feed them some hay from the ground. As you stepped on the hay, you had to be very careful of the poop from the animals. Back outside, everyone sat under the stadium. My dad took off and bought some hot food for us like, chips and hot dogs, but my cousin was eager and couldn't wait to go back to all the fun.   

Not so long after, the food had disappeared into everyone's stomachs. “I hope I don't vomit on one of the rides”, my cousin said as his stomach rumbled. Before we could ride, my sister and I had to wait for my cousin to buy his tickets too. It wouldn't be fair if we left him there. All of us still had a lot of tickets left to use. I looked at the ride Scream machine and thought  ‘why do you have to be so tall to ride?’. Luckily I was just the right height. For my cousin, he was under the line. He had to wait off the ride.

The man came around to check we were locked in our belts, safely. Once the ride started, I knew straight away why it was called the Scream machine. I started to scream as loud as a trumpet. The ride went around and around just like the food in stomach was. Suddenly I felt dizzy as the ride just came to a stop. “I think I need to rest my stomach”, I said, but I didn’t want to miss out on any fun.        

No comments:

Post a Comment