Pages

Friday 9 November 2012

Next by Maxine

 
 Heart thumping, chest pounding, anxiety growing. “Next”. My heart stopped, I showed her my Rainbow’s End wrist band and the teller welcomed me into the Fear Fall entrance. Before my turn I had read the Notice Board of DO NOT stuff and if you have the following conditions please exit this ride
18-storeys-high-fearfall-at.jpg (120×160)Suddenly I felt as if I had all of those things. I walked to the yellow seat and pulled down a black Styrofoam belt with a metal handle bar. Beside me were people I did not know which made my fear grow larger like a tumour growing inside me and ate all of my bravery cells. As the woman who had welcomed me in left and the ride started.

At once I was taken up 18 stories high. Opening my eyes and closing them rapidly at the same time I had suddenly noticed that the ride had froze and took the time to stare at the blurred motorway and the many vehicles that had travelled upon it. Three seconds later, gravity betrayed me and I was invited into the pressure zone, so pressured that my bottom could not even sit down.


Finally it was over but when I stood up to leave I was so light headed that I fell onto the concrete and I needed my dad to pick me up and carry me across the ride exit and the last thing I remember saying was, “ Again!”








No comments:

Post a Comment