Pages

Friday 21 September 2012

The best cultural festival yet by Maria




 From my perspective, I think that standing in the spotlights is the best place to be while performing at the Cultural Festival, especially in front of an audience. Being a part of the Cultural Festival for eight years has been fun and a privllage because it has helped me gain confidence and leadership in cultural groups and has made me strive to be the best role model as a senior student in my school. My key highlight of the night was opening the festival. I was chosen as one of the leaders for the Kapahaka group of 2012. It was my responsibility to open the National Anthem with a traditional karakia, welcoming the people and family from the past. To get my timing right to the music I had to listen and be focused to come in at the exact time otherwise everyone would've missed the beginning. After the National Anthem we sang a Pasifika greeting. I would like to give a big  thank you to  the teachers and friends of our school for taking time to help and support  our Kapahaka group for 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment