Pages

Sunday 11 March 2018

A Wednesday to remember

On Wednesday I was chosen to bake some cookies, we were supposed to be last but I was leaving
earlier so we went first. So straight after morning tea we ran down to the staffroom. That's when I
remembered we had to wash our hands, so went down the hall and into the sickbay to wash our
hands. When we got back the teachers were talking in the staffroom so we talked to Ms Yumul and
she told us to sit down. After about two minutes the teachers cleared out and the rest of the students
appeared they washed their hands and found a place to sit down.


When Ms Yumul came in she asked us all if we were ready we said yes then she told us to sit on
the other side of the room. When we were all comfortable we waited, then Ms Yumul told us what
we would be doing I would be putting in the coconut so everyone did there things some of us got to
put in the rolled oats and some of us did the flour when It was my turn I caught a glimpse of the recipe.


                                                             Anzac Biscuits


You will need:
½  a cup of flour
½  a cup of sugar
¾ cup of rolled oats
¾ cup of coconut
100 grams of butter
1 tablespoon of golden syrup
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons of boiling water


  1. Mix the flour sugar, rolled oats, and coconuts in a bowl.
  2. Melt the butter on a low heat saucepan or in a microwave.
  3. Put the baking soda in a cup and add the hot water in and it will rise up add this to the golden syrup and butter.
  4. Pour this into the bowl with the flower and the sugar and etc.
  5. Grease a baking tray and the tablespoons of the themixture about 3 - 4 centimeters apart.
  6. Bake at 180 c for 15 minutes.


We had done all of this and were now watching them inside the oven I asked when we would
eat them and she said lunchtime I was sad because I left before that. When we were back in the
classroom we got the phone call saying my mom was here so I put away all my stuff and went to the
office my mum was talking with the office lady. I went over to my dog who was outside when my mum
came back we walked home.


It's now Friday and I still have not received my cookie so I'm probably not going to get one even
though I made it which I think is a bit unfair.

My Favourite part was making the cookies and even though I didn't get one which made me sad I
still had a good time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi , I love the way you set it out and put on the instructions, but maybe you could put some photos on but otherwise it was perfect.

    ReplyDelete