Pages

Tuesday 1 March 2016

My Near Death Experience..


Walht write a narrative using the correct structure and language features

My Near Death Experience
Who
What
When
Where
Why
*Jessica
*Jessica's mother (Evangeline) &
*Me
I was on a vacation, relaxing, chilling until….
Christmas Holidays
Gold coast, Australia
It was time for  a relaxing holiday without all my siblings
I was on holiday, in the nice city of Gold Coast, Australia. I was  with one of my best friends, Jessica and her mother, Evangeline. We were  booked into a hotel right next to the beach, beautiful breeze AND view which was the best thing that had happened in my life. This vacation so far was the definition of relaxing, eating and even more eating. Mangos were the most delicious, especially when they are fresh. Waking up late, swimming in the beach and just having too much fun with my friend and a few people we met. Jessica’s mum didn’t really like them though, as much as us.
Lying on the beach, stomach towards the ground, birds started circling me crazily. The city echoed with dog barks, bird chirps, cats meowing. Something wasn’t right. I turned my head and looked into the city just as I felt that Rattle! The ground moved. It was like a giant had just showed up to meet one of his friends or something. My other option was, and Earthquake!!!! I sat in place not moving a finger, too frightened to even think. Sounds in my  ears suddenly went quiet as I drifted off to dreamland, getting struck by a huge piece of concret.
The next minute I was laying against bright green grass, people rushing around me, while Jessica was sitting to my right along with her mother on my left. “What, Where, How?” is all I could say.
“We’re safe now, really safe”, Jessica replied back gently pushing me back down to the  grass. I looked down my leg, finding a deep cut located next to my knee. It was so painful which made me pass out again. Planes weren’t working due to such a big earthquake. It was so big nothing was working. Nothing electrical that was.
A few weeks passed by. I checked my watch around three in the afternoon. It was such a beautiful day due to no clouds  to be seen. The beach was completely empty. Bare even. No one at all in sight except for Jessica of course. It felt like everyone had run away and left us 2 behind which did not surprise me at all. Removing my towel, slipping off my sandals, I ran down to the waters entrance freezing to death as the water reaches my stomach. I soon got use to the coldness swimming out deeper and deeper. I jumped waves, still touching the sandy ground.
All of sudden, in an instant, I couldn’t feel the ground anymore. I was getting sucked into the water by something that felt like a shark pulling me down. The waves got bigger, and stronger pushing me even more. Every time I tried to swim back to the surface I felt the water gripping my tog piece dragging me out. Suddenly such a  big, humongous wave struck the beach surface, not spotting Jessica at all. I struggled in the water. Suddenly I just thought to myself. Why struggle when literally I won’t survive? So I calmed down, relaxed. I didn’t care about struggling anymore. Not long after I got pushed away with the biggest wave I have ever seen in my life. All I wished now was to go home and not ever go back to Australia, too afraid.
Then, all of a sudden I just ended up on shore. I was astonished, amazed, grateful. Thanking God I ran for my life.
My life was saved. Somehow, but I don’t know how. I now know to never go back to Australia, is that a bad luck country or something. I hope not. All I know is that was My Near Death Experience.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a great writer you are Ella.

    ReplyDelete